One of the most important appliances in the kitchen is a microwave oven. We say that because it can really make things easy for you. From heating water to quickly boiling potatoes, the microwave can do it all. The problem is that a lot of people dread this purchase because they are under the impression that the microwaves are expensive. This is not true at all and the fact is that you can even purchase microwaves for less than Rs 5,000. You must be surprised right? Well, no, we are not joking around and this is really true.
Today, in this article, we are going to share the list of some of the best microwaves that are available under Rs 5,000 and you can check out the complete list for yourself. This will help you in ensuring that you adhere to the budget and at the same time, you will be able to save your time in the kitchen as well. We have also listed a short buying guide for you to help you in understanding the kind of features that you must look for while you are purchasing a microwave. If you can go up with a litter higher budget check our review for Microwave Oven Under 10000 INR. So, let us go ahead and check out the list of top 5 microwaves for 2020.
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Microwave Ovens Below Rs 5,000
- 1. IFB 17 L Solo Microwave Oven 17 PM MEC 1
- 2. Samsung 23 L Solo Microwave Oven MS23F301TAK/TL
- 3. Bajaj 17 L Solo Microwave Oven 1701 MT
- 4. Amazon Basics 20 L Solo Microwave
- 5. Godrej 20 L Solo Microwave Oven GMX 20SA2
- 6. Panasonic 20 L Solo Microwave Oven NN-SM255WFDG
- Features to Consider While Purchasing Microwave
Best Buy Microwave Ovens Below Rs 5,000
Let us now have a look at some of the best microwaves available option below 5K in India
1. IFB 17 L Solo Microwave Oven 17 PM MEC 1
The first product on our list is from IFB and this is a 17 L microwave from this brand. There is no question about the reliability of IFB because of the fact that it is among one of the first entrants in Indian markets when it comes to microwave. The best part is that this microwave is available in less than Rs 5000 and it offers you with the basic functionalities. Talking about the body and shape of the microwave, this one is designed with steel and it comes in white and black colour. The design is sleek which ensures that it doesn’t occupy a lot of space in the microwave.
Apart from these details, you need to note that you can use this microwave for reheating, defrosting and cooking. The controls are jog dial types which are easy to use and they have a really long life. This model also has 3 auto cook menu options which makes it easy for you to cook while using the microwave. Because of the jog dial, it becomes easy to make the selection and the flexi power control in the microwave ensures that you are able to select the right power and right temperature. Overall, it is a very reliable product and if you are purchasing microwave for the first time then we would suggest you to stop here and purchase this product from IFB without any doubts about the quality, functionality or the utility.
- This is a 17 l microwave which comes with power and timer function only.
- Has dimensions of 452 mm x 390 mm x 262 mm and it is available in white and black colour
- IFB offers 1 year warranty on microwave and 3 years warranty on the magnetron.
- This microwave has 3 automatic cooking modes for the users
2. Samsung 23 L Solo Microwave Oven MS23F301TAK/TL
On number 2, we have a very reliable product from Samsung. Yes, Samsung also has a microwave that is priced at around Rs 5,000 and you will be impressed by the design of this microwave. It is available in all black finish with a metallic handle and a capacity of 23 L which is enough for a family of 3 to 4 people. The microwave can be used for healthy cooking and you can choose between vegetables, grains, poultry, fish and other Indian recipes. There is an auto cooking mode for this. Getting into more details, you also get the feature for auto defrost and microwave. One of the best features in the microwave is deodorizer. This feature can help you in getting rid of any funny smell in the microwave without many efforts.
You also get a button to engage child lock and there is knob available at bottom of the panel which helps you in selecting the timer. The cavity of this microwave has a ceramic coating and this not just increases the life of the cavity but it also helps you in making the cleaning part easy. The microwave also features triple distribution system technology which makes cooking a lot more efficient for you. The body of this microwave is scratch resistant and there is no discoloration even after long term usage of the microwave. Overall, this is worth considering the purchase.
- Has a capacity of 23 L and it is available in attractive black colour.
- This model has dimensions of 489 mm x 347 mm x 275 mm.
- Samsung offers a 1 year warranty on the microwave and 1 year warranty on magnetron. In the case of the cavity, the brand offers a straight 10 year warranty.
- The microwave has several auto-cook modes and it also comes with deodorize function.
3. Bajaj 17 L Solo Microwave Oven 1701 MT
Bajaj has several products available in the market and all of them are top class. This is also true for the microwaves as the brand offers several microwaves for you Indian consumers. The good part is that the brand has products in almost every price range and hence you do not really have to worry about spending a lot on a microwave from Bajaj. Today, we are going to talk about a product that is available at a price of around Rs 3,600. You must be surprised by this kind of value for money so go ahead and check out more details about the microwave.
Talking about more details, this is a very basic model from Bajaj and to control the microwave, there are 2 knobs on the panel. One of the knobs can be used to select the temperature and the second knob can be used to select the power. There are 5 different power levels to be precise and the maximum time that you can select is 30 minutes. The size is enough for a small family and the brand also provides with a good warranty on this microwave. Apart from this, the microwave may be used for defrosting and this feature can really prove to be very handy while you are using the microwave. Overall, if you are looking for an affordable product then this should be your choice. It is one of the most affordable microwaves available in the market for consumers.
- This is a 17 L microwave with dimensions of 440 mm x 240 mm.
- The maximum power utilization is 1200 watts and you can choose between 5 different power levels.
- You get one year warranty on the microwave and 1 year warranty on the magnetron.
- The maximum time that you can set here is of 30 minutes
4. Amazon Basics 20 L Solo Microwave
On number 4, we have a product from Amazon Basics and you really need to check out this product from the world’s most reliable brand. The best part about this microwave is the customer service that you get with it. Talking about more details, you get a defrost function in the microwave which proves to be really handy. There is also an in-built timer here which can be set to a maximum duration of 35 minutes. The warranty policy offered by Amazon Basics is at par with market standards as the brand offers 1 year warranty on the microwave and 3 years warranty on the magnetron.
In terms of power levels, the microwave has 5 power levels which makes it really easy for you to cook and use the microwave as per the required usage. There are many other advantages of this model and one of them is ease of cleaning. Yes, this model is very easy to clean and the body is also scratch-resistant. 2 major functions that you will be using are the reheat function and cook function. In the cook function, you will be able to make a variety of dishes which includes pasta, rice, dal, popcorn and a lot of other similar dishes. Overall, you can consider this purchase if you have a family of 2 to 3 members and if you do not wish to spend a lot. The microwave is available online through Amazon.
- This has a capacity of 20 L which is maximum in our list until now.
- The microwave comes with 1 year warranty on the whole oven and 3 years warranty on the magnetron.
- There are 5 power selection options and you can set a timer of up to 30 minutes while using the microwave.
- Can be used for cooking, reheating and defrosting
5. Godrej 20 L Solo Microwave Oven GMX 20SA2
Moving on to the next product on our list, it is a microwave oven from Godrej. This model is usually in high demand but do not worry about the price as it is available at a price tag of less than Rs 5,000. Talking about the features of this listing, the microwave has 5 different power modes which include low, medium low, medium, medium high and high mode. These can be used to cook a variety of Indian dishes as well as a variety of global dishes. You can cook dal, soup, breakfast, snacks and other lunch items in this microwave. It can also be used to make dessert, soup, snacks and even ghee. With all these things, the microwave turns out to be quite a versatile option in the list.
The cooking in this microwave is really quick and hassle-free. There are not many efforts required to clean the microwave as well because the cavity is designed with stainless steel and it is really easy to clean the cavity after the cooking is done. Once the cooking is complete, the microwave cools down itself very quickly which eliminates the risk of any injury or any burn for the user. This also helps you in improving the life of the microwave oven. Overall, this is also a reliable microwave that you will find in the market and you can choose this one if you are looking for a budget microwave.
- The capacity of the microwave is 20 L which is enough for a family of 2 to 3 people.
- The microwave comes with a 1 year warranty on product and 1 year warranty on the magnetron.
- The dimension of the microwave is 440 mm x 330 mm x 260 mm.
- There are 5 power selection modes along with a timer setting of maximum 35 minutes.
6. Panasonic 20 L Solo Microwave Oven NN-SM255WFDG
We will now move on to the last product in our list and this one is from Panasonic. This is yet another basic model available in the market. There are 5 power selection modes in the microwave which includes 200 watts, defrost 360 watts, 700 watts and the maximum power mode. You can adjust the power with the help of the knob. Talking about the timer, the microwave has a maximum timer of 35 minutes. In terms of other features, the microwave features a 255 mm glass turntable along with easy to use mechanical controls. The cavity of the microwave is designed with stainless steel and it is an anti-bacterial cavity which has a really long life as well. This cavity also comes with epoxy grey cavity coating.
Panasonic is certainly a reliable brand so you can choose this product and at the time of compiling the list, the product was priced exactly at Rs 5000. This means that the microwave will fit into your budget. There shouldn’t be any doubt about the reliability. Moreover, the warranty covers you from any kind of manufacturing defect or any type of issue that you may face during the warranty period. In our perspective, this microwave is an affordable and sturdy model which can certainly be purchased for Indian homes. It can help you in reheating, cooking and defrosting which makes the job really easy for you.
- The total capacity of the microwave is 20 L and it is suitable for a small family.
- The maximum power consumption at the maximum power mode is 800 watts which are enough for cooking most of the Indian dishes
- The brand offers a 1 year warranty on the microwave and on the magnetron.
- The cavity has an epoxy grey cavity coating which improves the life of microwave by multiple folds.
Features to Consider While Purchasing Microwave
The big question is always about the features that you need to consider while purchasing the microwave. People who are already using one would know about it better but what about the people who are purchasing microwave for the first time? Well, do not worry because we are here to help you in that case. We have listed this short buying guide where we have listed some of the features and specifications that you must consider while making the purchase of a microwave oven.
- Size of Microwave – You must start by looking at the size of the microwave. The capacity is displayed in terms of Liters and to give you a perspective. A 20 L microwave is good enough for a family of 3. This way, you can understand the capacity that you would need.
- Grill and Convection – One of the must have function is grill and convection. This will help you in ensuring that you are able to reduce the number of appliances in the kitchen. If your microwave is able to function as convection and a grill, it will certainly be the best thing you will get. This will eliminate the OTG oven and Griller from your kitchen.
- Cooking Modes – Check out for the Indian cooking modes that you get with the microwave. This is one feature that can help you in automating the cooking. Most of the microwaves available in India has this feature. The Indian cooking modes will ensure that you do not have to spend time in understanding the kind of settings that you must make in order to cook the desired dish
- Steam Clean – Cleaning the grime and oil from the microwave can be really difficult. In such a case, you can invest in a microwave that comes with steam clean feature. The advantage of this feature is that the microwave will clean itself and you will have little to do. This is one of the must have feature and it makes cleaning really easy.
- Temperature and Power Selection – Check the variability available in terms of temperature selection and power selection. This will help you in cooking different types of dish with ease. Certainly, something that we would recommend to check while you are making the purchase. Only opt for the microwave that offers you with such flexibility.
- Power Output – You surely do not want to shoot up your electricity bills. In such a case, check out the maximum output and understand the maximum consumption of electricity by microwave. This will ensure that you have a microwave that is efficient when it comes to electricity. You can also check out the star rating of the microwave.
- Warranty – Next thing to check is the kind of warranty that you are getting on the microwave. The standard across the industry is 1 year on the microwave. Most of the brands offer an extended warranty on the magnetron and cavity of the microwave. The standard in terms of the magnetron is 3 to 5 years. It is one of the most expensive parts of the microwave which basically generates these microwaves. In such a case, you must check the warranty policy as well.
- Brand and Price – Last thing to check is the brand and price of the microwave. You must ensure that you are buying a product from a reliable brand which has a good reputation. Apart from this, you need to ensure that you are sticking to your budget while you are purchasing the microwave for your home. These 2 things are must consider types.
These are the best microwaves that you can purchase in less than Rs 5,000. Most of them are available on a special price and you can check out all the details by visiting the product page linked to the microwave. Go ahead, check out all the details and order a microwave for your kitchen today. It will surely reduce the efforts for you and do not forget to check out the buying guide listed above.
You can surely choose one of the models that we have listed and you can also share this article with friends to make the purchase easy for them.